REPLACING MY STARTER RELAY

1998 Volkswagen Jetta

sarahc1135

July, 2, 2012 AT 6:26 AM

Hello, I have a 98 VW jetta GLS and I am trying to replace my starter relay. Is there a trick to getting it out? Because I can barley see under there and there seems to be another 15 32v fuse connected to the top of the relay. Any words of advise? Thank you

Help!!

1 IMAGE

Ignition

1 ANSWER

July, 2, 2012 AT 2:50 PM

Our database schematics indicates that no starter relay is used. Why do you want to replace it and where did you get info on the location of the starter relay?

sarahc1135

July, 3, 2012 AT 12:36 AM

Well I got it from my Chilton book and I went to napa auto supply and they seemed to know what part I was in need of. I thought it was one of those big fuses up at top under my dash where all the other fuses are.

July, 3, 2012 AT 1:27 PM

You must be refering to the Park/Neutral position relay.

It is item # 14 in diagram. It is plugged in and a screw driver would be helpful to pry it out of its socket.

July, 3, 2012 AT 1:40 PM

Sorry for the error. I had mistakenly posted the wrong diagram. Here is the correct one.

sarahc1135

July, 3, 2012 AT 6:21 PM

Awesome thank you I was a bit confused with that first one. But that helps me a lot because I lost all the important pages in my manual and my book has a much smaller picture and doesn't tell you the number of the fuses for the small one's at the bottom and I lost the cover to the fuse box years ago. Thank you Sarah

Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Starter Replacement
Battery Replacement