HOW CAN I STOP WATER FROM ACCUMULATING IN THE DASHBOARD WHEN I TURN ON THE A/C?

1998 Toyota Camry

martintf54

January, 11, 2012 AT 5:17 AM

Every time I start the a/c a few minutes later I start noticing that under the dashboard starts filling up with water (its inside like a box which already fried my radio cause all the wires get very wet).

This box then fills up I guess, leaks and fills my carpet with water. Another thing I have noticed is that the defrost and feet vent dont work, only the front vents work. All of this started happening almost at the same time. They were working fine, it all happen from one day to another.

rivermikerat

January, 11, 2012 AT 5:22 AM

There is a condensate drain tube going through the bulkhead that is probably plugged. Check the blend door actuator and connections.

martintf54

January, 11, 2012 AT 5:25 AM

Do I have to remove the entire dashboard, could you show me a diagram of what I should be looking for? Thank you : )

rivermikerat

January, 11, 2012 AT 5:32 AM

Our reference doesn't have a picture. No, you don't need to tear apart the dash. Look in the engine compartment for a tube coming through from the passenger compartment, about halfway down the bulkhead, near the center. Inside the passenger compartment you'll need to look with your fingers because it's tucked up underneath the airbox.

martintf54

January, 11, 2012 AT 5:35 AM

Ok. Thank you so much!

rivermikerat

January, 11, 2012 AT 5:47 AM

My pleasure. Tell your friends about us!

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Open Hood Video