REAR DISC BRAKE PADS
NOTE: Location and number of anti-rattle springs, anti-squeal shims and pad support plates vary by model. Note component locations during removal for installation reference.
1. Raise and support vehicle. Remove wheel and tire assembly. Temporarily install wheel lug nuts to retain rotor position. Remove flexible brake hose bracket. Remove brake caliper from torque plate and wire aside; leave brakeline connected.
2. Remove anti-squeal shims and pads. See Fig. 5. Remove pad support plates and pad wear indicators.
NOTE: Some models have one or more sets of anti-squeal shims. If one set of shims is vented, place it between pad and outer anti-squeal shim.
1. Install pad support plates and NEW pads. Install pad wear indicators and anti-squeal shims. Apply disc brake grease to inner anti-squeal shims. DO NOT allow grease to contact rubbing face of pads. Wear indicator must be on top side of pad.
NOTE: Pushing piston into caliper bore forces fluid back into master cylinder reservoir. Remove reservoir cap when compressing piston.
2. Press piston into caliper bore. DO NOT let piston dust boot wedge against edge of pads. To complete installation, reverse removal procedure. Check reservoir fluid level.
February, 12, 2011 AT 12:16 PM
REAR BRAKE CALIPER
1. Raise and support vehicle. Remove wheel and tire assembly. Disconnect brakeline from caliper. Plug brakeline to prevent fluid spillage. Remove caliper mounting bolts or slide pins if necessary.
Remove caliper from torque plate.
Push piston into caliper bore, if necessary. DO NOT let piston dust boot wedge against edge of pads. To install, reverse removal procedure. Bleed brake system.
REAR BRAKE ROTOR
Removal & Installation
1. Remove caliper assembly with brakeline connected, and wire aside. See REAR BRAKE CALIPER under REMOVAL & INSTALLATION. Remove torque plate from backing plate.
2. Mark rotor and hub for installation reference. Slide rotor off hub assembly. To remove rotor, turn parking brake shoe adjuster to release shoes from rotor (if necessary). To install, reverse removal procedure.