READING CODES PO340 AND PO300

1998 Suzuki Sidekick

zuky

August, 27, 2012 AT 11:17 PM

98 sidekick automatic 4x4 idle surges up and down when cold and levels off to a stall out after warm and runs rough and can not drive or it wont go fast enough.I replaced o2 sensors as it needed them for a good while, than the maf and after that a few days it started rough idle, my cat was not even a year old. Now I hear a rattle sound in it like something is bounceing around in it. When I rev the motor it revs good just wont idle right and in drive has no pick up just boggs. Thanks for any help you can spare. Mj

zuky

August, 27, 2012 AT 11:29 PM

1.6 16v motor

saturntech9

August, 28, 2012 AT 12:08 AM

Do you have a multi meter to do some testing? Also does your scan tool read live engine?Data?

zuky

August, 29, 2012 AT 4:37 PM

Yes I have a muilti meter and my code reader does live engine and data, But im not sure about how to operate the live engine and data

saturntech9

August, 31, 2012 AT 1:34 AM

Heres the trouble tree for code P0340. WHat make and model scan tool do you have?

zuky

August, 31, 2012 AT 3:10 AM

I have a cen-tech 98614 modle, obd2, also where is the cmp located? I cannot find it? Nobody at the local suzuki dealer knew either. Suzuki forum member said it was built in the distributor? That is what you are refering to as pcm?

saturntech9

August, 31, 2012 AT 3:47 AM

Iam not familar with that scan tool but iam sure in the instructions it will tell you how. Cam sensor is in the distrubutor that's why tell you to. Remove the distrbutor cap. Also you remove the pcm but don't unplug it.

zuky

August, 31, 2012 AT 5:58 AM

Okay so after I remove pcm with plug still on iy which way do I turn it while running test? Clock wise or counter clockwise?

zuky

August, 31, 2012 AT 6:01 AM

Also how do I know which trans I have? It is auto but 3 or 4 speed I do not know how to tell.

saturntech9

August, 31, 2012 AT 6:09 AM

The only reason your removing the pcm is to. Be able to. Get the wires to it so which ever way is easiest for you to be able to get to the wires. What does it say on your shifter indicator gear position wise?

zuky

August, 31, 2012 AT 6:54 AM

Positions for drive, are D-2-L