STALLING AFTER STARTING AND DRIVING

1998 Subaru Forester

Lisa4

August, 25, 2011 AT 5:19 PM

My 1998 Forester is stalling after starting and while driving. It also bucks like it's running out of gas or going in and out of gear sometimes and may or may not stall when it does this AT Temp light flashes when this happens and some times check engine light comes on. Some times, especially when it's hot outside, it won't restart without a jump.(Battery and Alts. Been tested)Knock sensor has been replaced. The codes say it's the Mass Airflow Sensor, but a repair man put on on and said it made it run worse, so he removed it and just cleaned mine. Didn't help at all. I t's been put on a machine, but it still say Mass Air flow Sensor. Any advise or comments? Really need help!

August, 25, 2011 AT 7:02 PM

I would like to know the EXACT trouble code that you are getting.
Apart from the CEL trouble code, was there any trouble code for the transmission?

Lisa4

August, 25, 2011 AT 8:40 PM

Hi, I asked the Mechanic what codes he remembered, and he said the only codes it showed at all was the MAS, MAF, which he said wewre the same thing, mass airflow sensor.

August, 25, 2011 AT 8:52 PM

I need to know the code numbers.

Lisa4

August, 25, 2011 AT 9:19 PM

Sorry, But I don't have that information

August, 25, 2011 AT 9:29 PM

Most parts stores provides free scanning services. Get the codes from them and let me know what they are.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right