1998 Pontiac Grand Prix coolant elbow

FONDOON
  • 1998 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
Coolant elbow from intake to tensioner/waterpump is too long. Cant get it to install in both ends.
Friday, November 7th, 2014 AT 11:29 AM

I tried to look up the part in online partsbook, all I found was a bypass hose? If indeed it is a hose, you might try trimming a little off each end of hose to shorten? It is the correct part, correct?

The info I looked at was for 3.8L normally aspirated.
Friday, November 7th, 2014 AT 12:11 PM
FONDOON
It is a hard plastic elbow, not trimmable, not a hose. It is listed as a heater hose connector.
Friday, November 7th, 2014 AT 12:22 PM
My parts book showed upper and lower elbow, note the picture. Do you have the correct one? If hoses connect on each end of elbow, can you shorten hoses a bit, so it will work? My biggest problem is I can't see anything from here.
Friday, November 7th, 2014 AT 2:26 PM
FONDOON
There are no hoses. Elbow connects directly into intake at one end of the elbow & into the tensioner assembly above the waterpump at the other end of the elbow
Friday, November 7th, 2014 AT 3:03 PM
DIFFERENT FELLER

CAN YOU SEND A PIC OR TWO OF THE SITUATION? MAYBE POINT TO THE DESTINATIONS OF THE TUBE?

Friday, November 7th, 2014 AT 4:29 PM
Hey Medevac thanks for the help. In the parts book picture it showed upper and lower elbows, one elbow does have one shorter leg.
Saturday, November 8th, 2014 AT 11:31 AM

Sponsored links