Thanks for your recent help in locating the Actuators on my 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager that has 177,000 miles.
I need to explain in detail the steps that occurred up to the point that I first asked the question of you, then I need to ask what I need to do now.
1. The system blew heat out the lower rear A/C vent when the A/C was on. The front system worked okay in A/C mode
2. For a few days the system wouldn't cool at all on A/C mode and wouldn't blow full strength
3. For another few days after that the system on A/C mode would only blow out the defrost vents
4. Then when the mode was set to lower or "feet" mode it would only blow out upper vents
5. I ran the diagnostic test and it gave 4 flashes code "Blend Pass. Actuator did not reach heat stop"
6. Contacted CarPro Guys for help locating Actuators
7. Replaced Passenger Blend Door Actuator and reinstalled the same old Driver Blend Door Actuator
8. I am now getting 4 flashes followed by 8 flashes "Driver Blend Door Actuator did not reach heat stop"
Q(A): is there a procedure to be certain that I have installed the Actuators correctly. The new actuator was not set the same as the old one and took some manual adjustment of the Duct Door shaft to get it back on -- which caused the Driver actuator to have to be re-adjusted
Q(B): what should I do now? Should I replace the Drive side Actuator also? Should I remove and reinstall the Actuators after a readjustment?
Q(C): Should I replace the entire control Module? Maybe it is bad.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP
Thursday, November 25th, 2010 AT 4:27 PM