ELECTRIC COOLING FANS NOT WORKING

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue

Dnice488

May, 21, 2012 AT 6:39 AM

I need some advice please. I don’t know where else to look for a solution. I have a 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue 3800 V6 3.4L and the cooling fans do not run. The first thing I did was to check the fan to see if they were broken. I ran a fuse jumper wires directly from the battery to the motor terminals. The fans turned on so I know I have good fan. I then check the fuses and replace the fan relays with new relays. This did not fix the problem either. I then replace the engine coolant temperature sensor and ran the car for several minutes to get it up to operating temperature. The fans still will not come on. I disconnected the connector from the temperature sensor while the engine was running and the fans came on A.S.A.P. Why is this and how can I solve my problem?

saturntech9

May, 21, 2012 AT 7:19 AM

So the fans come on when you unplug the coolant temp sensor?Also how hot does it get actual temp wise without the fan coming?Because most of the gm cars fans dont come on till atleast 222 degrees.

Radiator Hose Replacement - Upper - Chevrolet
Radiator Fluid Flush and Fill Ford Explorer
Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser