98 BRAVADA WHILE I DRIVE ABOVE 40 MPH AND TURN ...

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada

griffdus

March, 27, 2011 AT 9:37 PM

98 bravada while I drive above 40 mph and turn to right I feel a slight shaking in floor it just started doing it. I tried putting on new tires thinking maybe this was issue no luck fixing it any ideas

Wrenchtech

March, 27, 2011 AT 10:30 PM

You may have a front wheel bearing going bad.

griffdus

March, 27, 2011 AT 11:46 PM

When I got my tires changed they said bearings felt tight my pitman arm had slight play in it and I know my lower ball joint is dry on that side because looks like grease sert is broke on it. So do u mean wheel bearing hub or inner bearing on inside of cv axle

Wrenchtech

March, 27, 2011 AT 11:51 PM

It's all the same hub bearing and it doesn't have to be loose to make noise.

griffdus

March, 28, 2011 AT 1:47 AM

I never said it was making a noise, and there is a wheel bearing hub assembly and a bearing inside front differential where the axle goes in they are not the same thing

Wrenchtech

March, 28, 2011 AT 1:51 AM

That's right but a differential bearing wouldn't be a wheel bearing or hub bearing, now would it? So, an inner wheel bearing and an outer wheel bearing would both be the same hub bearing.

griffdus

April, 2, 2011 AT 10:36 PM

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada suspension
my bravad when driving down freewayat around 70 mph was kinda swaying side to side felt like, seemed like it did it worse when weel was straight and not as bad when I was turning. I recently changed ball joints upper and lower and front left wheel bearing hub, and I have new tires any ideas

Asked by griffdus
Replies
Replied on April 02, 2011

u need to have the front end inspected. To see if all the repairs were done right. Gl

Answered by cadieman (expert)
151 answers provided

Replied on April 02, 2011

when I got tires changed they said lower ball joints had slop so I changed them only thing is when I took off nut on bottom it wasnt tight really just above the pin that holds nut on. So thats how far I tightened it is this right or do I tighten it down so that its tight

Response from griffdus

Replied on April 02, 2011

secure that nut and there should be a cotter key through the nut. Check all your work to make sure nothing came lose. Gl

Answered by cadieman (expert)
151 answers provided

Replied on April 02, 2011

It is torque at 81 just like it says in the book. PitmanARM has slight play and shocks squeak slightly. Do u think maybe need alignment or would needed alignment cause to sway or just pull to one side

Response from griffdus

Wrenchtech

April, 2, 2011 AT 10:45 PM

What are you posting that for? Leave that stuff in it's original question.

griffdus

April, 2, 2011 AT 11:51 PM

I'd rather hear ur opinion since u helped solve my other problem. And have answered way more questions compared to other guy

Wrenchtech

June, 30, 2011 AT 11:25 PM

Closing question

Replace Floor Board
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Wiper Blade Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes
Trunk Shock Replacement Porsche Carrera 911
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tundra
DRL Light Bulb Replacement