1998 Nissan Pathfinder timing

MONKEYBONE123
  • 1998 NISSAN PATHFINDER
What is the easiest way to fix the timing when I was changing my water pump I managed to knock the timing off how do I fix it
Monday, January 19th, 2015 AT 1:27 PM

I looked at info for 3.3L sohc engine. Our info says this is an interference engine. If you cranked it with valve timing off, you probably have internal engine damage, at the least bent valves, if not more damage.

I can give you alignment marks for cam shaft sprockets and crankshaft sprockets. I can give you info for replacing timing belt, but, if you have internal engine damage, we are spinning our wheels.

Easy or not, I only know one way as far as timing belt.
Monday, January 19th, 2015 AT 3:19 PM
What are you trying to fix? Are you trying to find the timing marks and need to know where to put them, or are you trying to get the timing belt to move a few teeth on a sprocket but can't get enough slack to do that? Are you aware this is an interference engine? Do you have a copy of the manufacturer's service manual?
Monday, January 19th, 2015 AT 3:21 PM
Sorry JDL. Nothing locked me out of butting into your conversation, so I had no way of knowing you were here already.
Monday, January 19th, 2015 AT 3:23 PM
No problem, have a good day. After some of my blow-ups in the past, I can't pretend to be friends, but, I do respect your knowledge. Please, If you have better info than mine, post it. It shouldn't be about my ego, it should be about helping people. I'm trying to do better.

I hope that doesn't make me sound like a wuss, oh, well.
Tuesday, January 20th, 2015 AT 8:48 AM