Battery drain problem

C BONNER
  • 1998 LINCOLN TOWN CAR
I have a parasitic battery drain problem which lowers when fuse 31 is removed on the inside fuse panel. This controls the main light switch and the lighting control module how do I diagnose from here?

The draw is 5.8 amps it lowers to 2 amps when fuse 31 is removed under the dash. When I removed fuse 19 in the fuse panel under the hood the draw went down to.5 amps. This fuse feeds sub woofer, i/p fuse panel, fuse 23. I assumed this draw was due to the stereo coming on every time the battery is disconnected and reconnected or am I wrong.I tried unplugging the light switch and that blew the fuse in my multi-meter. I then tried hooking up the battery and the lights came on with no switch plugged in is this normal?
Wednesday, December 26th, 2012 AT 9:54 PM

ASEMASTER6371
It sounds like you have a lighting control module that has shorted out. Here is the location so you can swap it out.

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers
Thursday, December 27th, 2012 AT 2:59 AM
C BONNER
Yep you were right once I unplugged the lighting module the voltage draw stopped. Thanks for the help I can believe this site is free.
+1
Thursday, December 27th, 2012 AT 5:44 PM