Hi My name is John and I own a 98' Jeep Wrangler (4.0L manual with aobut 75K) over the last two weeks the car has been slow to start (felt like the battery was about to die) Finally one day after driving it twice that morning I got in and it wouldn't fire up. I was on a hill so I popped the cluch and headed home. I put the Battery on my charger and it showed it at 90%. I let it charge and then the car still wouldn't start (tried to turn over once and then had no power, as if the battery was dead). I then Tried to jump the car with my battery charger "jump start" setting and still got nothing. I then took out my Volt meeter and I was reading 12.6 volts. Still, I pulled my battey and and put one in from a friends Jeep and still I get nothing (also, my battery works fine in his jeep). I am handy when it comes to cars but I am stumped. Also, I replaced my alternator maybe six months ago so I didn't thak that was the issue and I thought it might be that starter but from what I have read online it seems I would have been hearing some bad noised from it before that would die. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
have the same problem?
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012 AT 7:19 PM