98 BRAKE PROBLEM?

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee

NormaJean

November, 17, 2010 AT 6:57 PM

I just recently replaced a tire on my jeep it was the front drivers side tire. As I was driving home from the tire place my car started to pull to the left and it was extremely hard to control. I finally got it home and there was a really awful smell, not like burning rubber but something different. I had someone come look at it and they changed the brakes and also the drivers side front caliper because they said that they could hear it releasing after I parked it. So they did all that and said it should be fine. I drove about a mile and a half and it started to do the pulling to the left and it had a lot of resistance like my brakes were being depressed as I was driving. I took it back to that person and he has no clue what it can be, he said maybe the master brake cylinder. I really need help on ideas of what it might be, if anyone can help with suggestions I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks so much!

mmprince4000

November, 17, 2010 AT 7:03 PM

Probsbly started at the first shop that replaced tire. If it was running OK before, they change tire and it starts pulling, most likely something they did.

I would return it to them and have it repaired on their dime.

NormaJean

November, 17, 2010 AT 7:05 PM

Thats what I thought too, I took it down there and the guy just pointed at a sign that said "not responsible for damages" Thats why I had my guy look at it. Thank you for your response tho!

Wrenchtech

November, 17, 2010 AT 7:21 PM

If it's not actually the tire rubbing on something, then you may have a bad flex brake hose that is ruptured internally and not releasing the fluid.

Replace Your Brake Caliper Like a Pro
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pads/Rotor Replacement Chevy Silverado
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Ford Escape
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy