1998 Infiniti Infinity QX4 cranks but wont start

LOBENTON
  • 1998 INFINITI INFINITY QX4
1 month ago while I was driving my car suddenly started putting and it shut off, since then I have not been able to get it to start and stay on. I have had the battery, distributor, sparkplugs, fuel filter and the crankshaft position sensor replaced and it still will not start. It is cranking but won't start
Friday, June 7th, 2013 AT 5:09 AM

Scan for codes and check fuelpressure first.
-1
Friday, June 7th, 2013 AT 6:19 AM
LOBENTON
Hello hmac300 thank you for your response. Before having the distributor and crankshaft position sensor replaced I had the codes scanned and it gave the code for the crankshaft position sensor. And I dont know how to check the fuel pressure. The mechanic I had working on my car said that it is not anything with the fuel but I dont really know I have been gtting the run around for a month now
-1
Friday, June 7th, 2013 AT 6:27 AM
Check the fuses and relay in pic use a like relay to check your current one. Other than that this really needs to be looked at by a pro to fix it. You can also try wiggling where your cranks sensor wires are to see if it's abadconnection it may start. If it does you know to replace the wire connection. But try the fuses and relay first. One other thing try resetting your anti theft, which I don't know how to do but if you have a manual it should tell you. Also if you have another key try that that also works sometimes.
Friday, June 7th, 2013 AT 7:20 AM
LOBENTON
Ok thank you I am going to have it towed to a auto repair shop today because nothing seems to work, and yes I heard that it could be the key or the security system which I have tried to reset but it is not working nd I do not have another key cuz my mechanic friend told me that may be it as well but before I have another key made I am going to have it looked at by a pro at auto repair shop. But thank you for your feedback I really appreciate it
-1
Friday, June 7th, 2013 AT 7:33 AM
If you get anew key made it may need to be programmed to your car.
-1
Friday, June 7th, 2013 AT 9:20 AM
LOBENTON
Yes I know
-1
Friday, June 7th, 2013 AT 11:21 AM