1998 HONDA PASSPORT RUNNING ROUGH AND ACTS LIKE IT WANTS TO DIE

• 2CarPros-Archives
  • 1998 Honda Passport
  • automatic

1998 Honda Passport with 140,000 miles. It has a V6 3.2 liter engine. Problem is it is running rough acts like it wants to cut off when driving especially when going up hills and sometimes at red light. Went to auto zone and diagnostic machine reads these codes.P0101, P0306, P0440, P0452. I have had a tune up, but did not replace ignition coils. Also have tried fuel injector cleaner. (STP brand) pour in the tank kind. I am afraid of being ripped off if I go to repair shop. I paid $250 dollars to get plugs in and new air filter but have since learned that I paid too much. Please Help.

Wednesday, December 22nd, 2010 AT 10:06 PM

• 2CarPros-Archives

First codes you have a number #6 cylinder misfire, check the ignition coil, injector and compression, next code is a mass air flow sensor out of range, the last codes are for the evap system, check your gas cap and vacuum feed lines.

Wednesday, December 22nd, 2010 AT 10:08 PM