I HAVE A 98 GMC SIERRA K 1500 JUST REDID THE ...

1998 GMC Sierra

stevieandshawn1966

March, 25, 2013 AT 2:53 PM

I have a 98 gmc sierra k 1500 just redid the motor everything new in it put it all back togather started it up running good till alt went out and battery went dead repalce the alt put new battery on it now its popping like its out of time you can move the dist 17 degree out and it will run just dont have the power was told it was the computer that shorted out when out went out bought new computer from napa had it flasted and still no luck also whem makeing left turns the sterring will get real lose and at times gowing straight you can fill the steering wheel like its tuging left to right

Wrenchtech

March, 25, 2013 AT 3:41 PM

You made a big mistake by turn that distributor. The ignition timing is not adjustable at all. All you did was through out the injector and secondary ignition synch to the primary reference signal. You will likely get a code P1345 no. You will need a professional scan tool to get that set properly again.

stevieandshawn1966

March, 25, 2013 AT 3:53 PM

Took it to a shop that did the engine for me he rest it all but still doing it is there anyway a new timing chain and gears can go out just setting there running and jump time when the alt and battery went out and it died

Wrenchtech

March, 25, 2013 AT 5:00 PM

Not unless his bolts fell out.

stevieandshawn1966

March, 25, 2013 AT 8:03 PM

What if the alt aint putting out enought volts will that cause it the amp hand on the inside moves everytime the
turn signal flashes and it was running good till alt and battery went out and it died

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz