PASSENGER BRAKE WON'T BLEED SEEMS AS IF THERE IS A BLOCAGE IN THE LINE

• back yard mechanic
  • 1998 GMC Safari
  • 27 miles

Decided to replace brake pads, they had 1/4 life, had to replace the caliper and the flexible hose. Tried to bleed the line, no fluid coming from the nipple the wheel would lock up solid and would take a minute or so to relieve the pressure. Replaced the brake line (did a pressure in a 5 gallon pail of water) next replace the Kelsey-Hays controller. Very little has changed.
What am I missing.
It has become an urgent matter for me, I live in a small town. My wallet was stolen and I need to get into the city to get a new debit card, other wise I would pay the standard rate of $40.00.
Rob

Saturday, September 15th, 2012 AT 4:53 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Is the side locked up that you did the caliper and hose?

Saturday, September 15th, 2012 AT 4:54 PM
  • back yard mechanic

Yes, I can get maybe a drop of fluid out. The caliper was bench tested and works.

Saturday, September 15th, 2012 AT 4:57 PM
  • saturntech9

Just add this 1 I would see if any pressure is coming right out of the master cylinder that feeds that caliper.

Saturday, September 15th, 2012 AT 5:01 PM
  • back yard mechanic

There is one line coming from the master cylinder into the abs controller internally it splits into 2 fro the front brakes. It drives me crazy that the drivers side works so well and the passenger side doesn't. The information I have read talks about bleeding the controller, if it is new or the reservoir has run dry. There is no mention that I have looked for that has been a problem to other people. If I can blow air through the old one while it is under water (meaning air pressure at the inlet port) what can be preventing this abs from working once installed. I did hook up the old brake line also. I also bleed the passenger side first.

Saturday, September 15th, 2012 AT 5:12 PM