I HAVE A 1998 LINCON MARK LLL LSC I HAVE ...

1998 Ford

Anonymous

November, 1, 2012 AT 5:04 PM

I have a 1998 Lincon Mark lll LSC, I have replaced the battery every 6 months since I got it. At one point Walmart Tires Center told me that my altenator is frying the cells in my battery. Someone else said its the voltage regulator. Also I have finicky headlamps, sometimes all of them will work and then some times the passenger DIM light dosnt want to come on. I was told this is also a part of my battery charging system. Any ideas? Ive had the air ride suspension replaced on it at a legit garage and they said nothing about my starter or voltage regulator. I dont have an owners manual so how would I check to see if its the altenator or the voltage regulator?

hmac300

November, 1, 2012 AT 5:07 PM

Put a voltage meter on your battery, red topositive black to engative, if it reads 14.5 volts max it's ok. Check the battery for a draw a battery shold last about 4 yrs not 6 months. You can see it under repair then battery it is item 9.

Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Alternator testing done right
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado