STALLED AS I WAS GETTING ON THE HIGHWAY AND WEIRD TICKING NOISE

1998 Ford Mustang

2CarPros-Archives

February, 8, 2011 AT 11:37 PM

1998 Ford Mustang mileage: 83,000. Last night when I got into my car, it was making a weird, low, steady clicking noise, comparable to the noise when you wind up a toy car.I was driving off an exit ramp and yielded and as I tried to speed up to enter traffic, my car started to "stall."I quickly moved my wheels to the side and put on my hazards.I turned off the ignition and waited a minute, then tried to turn it back on. It rolled over, did not sputter or miss, but would not catch.I tried once more. My father thought it was the EEC IV valve (I have a distributor less ignition), which we paid $160 and installed. This did not help at all. Any advice you can offer would be great. Thanks in advance for your help.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

2CarPros-Archives

February, 8, 2011 AT 11:40 PM

Your car may be ready for a major tune-up including spark plugs, plug wires, fuel filter and air filter. Also, perform a fuel pump pressure test. Clean fuel injection system including throttle bore, idle speed control motor and passages. If problem still exists, scan computer for trouble codes.