ABS PROBLEM

1998 Ford F-150

cory scheller

November, 30, 2011 AT 7:06 PM

My ABS light is on, when I scanned it I got several codes c1155, c1145, c1230, c1233, c1237, 1229, c1225, u3fff, when I scanned it a year ago I only got the code for RF w/s sensor, I changed the hub assembly a few weeks ago and ABS light still on, got code reader and now I have this. Read a post from 2008 http://www.2carpros.com/questions/ford-f-150-1999-ford-f150-abs-control-module with some very helpful hints but it is for a 99 and some of the stuff does not match for my 98 where can I get this info with wiring diagrams and more detail? as well there is a small box with a few relays beside the power dist box (closer to cab) but I don't know what they are for, any idea?

hmac300

November, 30, 2011 AT 9:37 PM

You may have a bad abs unit. The codes say all your sensors are bad, plus the warning light. The relay in teh little pbox is for the warning light.I'm sending the diagram in 2 pics so I could make it large enough for you. There is a specific way to test this and i'm sure you don't have the machine to do it. But it gets quite lengthy. If you want you can go on teh site here an dhave a 3 day access to a manual for like $10-15 which you could copy to do your diagnostics.

ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front Ford