I JUST REPLACED THE SPARK PLUGS AN NOW THE ENGINE IS MAKING A KNOCKING NOISE

1998 Ford Escort

krissy

December, 15, 2011 AT 4:51 AM

Recently I changed the timing and had all the pulleys changed at the dealership, the car is like new, replaced tensioner and idler pulley recently as well as radiator myself and now motor is very loud what could it be? My car only had 2 owners 155000 standard 5 spd transmission. I have the zx2 2.0L zetec edition. Any thoughts?

December, 15, 2011 AT 4:58 AM

Did you drop anything down the cylinders when you removed the plugs?

Did the plugs match up to the old ones?

krissy

December, 15, 2011 AT 5:21 AM

I dont know if a piece of plastic from the old plug fell down but I got a camera to check and cant see anything and the plugs were proper same size.

December, 15, 2011 AT 1:58 PM

Crank it without the plugs in it to see if it throws anything out from the compression.

krissy

December, 16, 2011 AT 9:58 PM

I ran the car with jus 3 plugs in and got few little pieces out and saw a plug cracked so I replaced all the plugs again and the car was running fantastic. But when I got home and started the car again now I am getting a ticking noise coming from the engine any ideas. Thanks.

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8