JUST DID PLUGS WIRES CAP ROTOR

1998 Dodge Durango

Anonymous

December, 1, 2012 AT 9:19 PM

Just did plugs, wires, cap, rotor. Still kicking and bucking. When it does no power can put pedal to the floor and very little increase. But rpms really don't go down. Back fires at times too during this.

December, 1, 2012 AT 9:31 PM

Did you check your fuel pressure? Can you check applicable trouble codes? Check your timing chain.

sabrinacrader

December, 1, 2012 AT 9:37 PM

Yes I have have the fuel system check, pressure and out put checked out fine. It did throw a code of misfire on 2, 3, 4, and 8, but that was before plugs and all.

December, 1, 2012 AT 9:58 PM

Any present codes? Did you visually check for spark at misfire cylinders? Did you check injector pulse? You may need compression test?

sabrinacrader

December, 1, 2012 AT 10:05 PM

No present codes. Replaced wires, plugs, cap, and rotor. What is injector pulse? Did have a shop tell me they thought it was burnt valve. Does this even seem like that could be it. When it started it was very random, only doing it every so often. Slowly became worse to the point of doing it at 70mph down the freeway.

December, 1, 2012 AT 10:18 PM

Without injector pulse, no fuel in cylinder. You can use a noid lite to check injector pulse. The autostore sells it.

Hopefully a cylinder compression test would show valve problem.

Brake Master Cylinder Replacement Like a Pro
Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3
Front Pad-Rotor Replacement Subaru Legacy