IT CRANKS BUT WON'T START

1998 Chevrolet Suburban

bikeflyer

May, 27, 2012 AT 7:10 AM

I have NO spark! Fuel pres. Is good. I have tested/replaced all ign. Related parts up to the spark control module in the ECM. (I.E.- Crank sensor, rotor, cap, coil, ign. Module, pick up coil/cam sensor)My check engine, battery and check guages lights are on. I'm at the end of my rope! I've twirled wrenches for 10 years + and cannot get it to start! The scanner says it's unable to communicate with the vehicle. (Lighter still works)This truck has an impeccable service record. Started the previous night - no problem - the next morning - NOTHING. Occasionally, the security light will come on, but doesn't blink at all. Please help before I put a rocket launcher to it! I'm unable to work due to being rear ended TWICE in 7 months! 2 surgeries later - rotator cuff and 4 screws, I just don't have the money to go to a mechanic. If you guys can help me - I'll mail you a money order for $25. If it'll help.
Thanks, Henri

May, 27, 2012 AT 11:28 AM

Which engine do you have?

bikeflyer

May, 27, 2012 AT 1:10 PM

SORRY! 5.7 gasoline

May, 27, 2012 AT 4:40 PM

If scaner cannot communicate with the PCM, you have a missing power supply somwwhere or the immo is triggered ( if equipped). Check Pin # 16 of OBD-II for battery voltage.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right