ENGINE NOT STARTING

• Henryfrancis
  • 1998 Chevrolet Silverado

Replaced intake manifold gaskets and spark plugs new coolant and oil new thermostat truck well turn but won't start Replaced intake manifold gaskets and spark plugs new coolant and oil new thermostat truck well turn but won't start back firing in to the intake manifold I have worked on this for three days now and im tired it won't start

Monday, January 9th, 2012 AT 1:25 AM

• cadieman

Did you remove the the distributer?Recheck you firing order.

Monday, January 9th, 2012 AT 1:38 AM
  • Henryfrancis

I did remove the disbutor and I did check the firing order I also removed the the ECM ground and did TDC on piston 1 also lined up the disbutor with num 1 and it is still not firing it's wants to but it is still back firing in to the manifold and muffler

Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 AT 6:17 PM
  • cadieman

You may have installed it on exhaust stroke. Pull#1 spark plug put your finger in the hole. Tap the starter until you feel compression pushing your finger. Then turn the crank to tdc. Then check your rotor position. It should be on the #1 wire. Ty for using 2carpros

Wednesday, January 11th, 2012 AT 6:01 PM