ENGINE NOT STARTING

1998 Chevrolet Silverado

Henryfrancis

January, 9, 2012 AT 1:25 AM

Replaced intake manifold gaskets and spark plugs new coolant and oil new thermostat truck well turn but won't start Replaced intake manifold gaskets and spark plugs new coolant and oil new thermostat truck well turn but won't start back firing in to the intake manifold I have worked on this for three days now and im tired it won't start

cadieman

January, 9, 2012 AT 1:38 AM

Did you remove the the distributer?Recheck you firing order.

Henryfrancis

I did remove the disbutor and I did check the firing order I also removed the the ECM ground and did TDC on piston 1 also lined up the disbutor with num 1 and it is still not firing it's wants to but it is still back firing in to the manifold and muffler

cadieman

You may have installed it on exhaust stroke. Pull#1 spark plug put your finger in the hole. Tap the starter until you feel compression pushing your finger. Then turn the crank to tdc. Then check your rotor position. It should be on the #1 wire. Ty for using 2carpros

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test