CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHY I AM NOT GETTING NO FIRE/ CHEVY 1TON QUAD CAB 454 4WHEEL DRIVE

1998 Chevrolet Silverado

john doe

July, 23, 2012 AT 8:44 PM

I have a 1998 chevy 1ton quad cab four wheel drive I cannot figure out why it won't start. I have vurtually tried everything I can think of the only thing I have let it could be is some kind of security or main computer problem the motor came out of a 1999 pick up it ran great when I pulled it out so im not sure I thought the motor that was in there before was bad so I had it pulled still having the same problem plenty of fuel just no fire I have replaced the ignition wiring it will turn over but I have checked I am not getting any fire from anywhere need help bad

July, 23, 2012 AT 8:47 PM

What liter engine? Ignition system-is it a distributor, direct ignition or coil on plugs

john doe

July, 23, 2012 AT 9:32 PM

It is a 454 vortec yess it is a distributor the motor ran great before I put it in the truck same with the motor that I pulled it had sat for several months because of the brakes I went to start it the first time started fine shut it off a few months later went to start it, it would start just die tried everything iseen while trying to find the problem that my security fuse was missing I replaced it started up seem to be ok drove it for about 5mins started acting like it wanted to die on me I made it home barely shut it off would not start back up since then I have put another motor that was running great before I put it in hooked everything up still nothing I have since changed the ignition still no fire stumped bad

July, 23, 2012 AT 11:49 PM

Okay-Check and test the crankshaft position sensor near the crank pulley-start here

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang