HEAD LIGHT SWITCH PPROBLEM?

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier

cmbaye01

February, 3, 2012 AT 8:48 PM

My sisters 98 caviler's passanger headlight wont come on, the low beam or the brights dont work. I checked the fuses and they are fine, so I checked to see if it was getting voltage, the driver side light fuse is but the passanger side light is not. I looked up the wire diagram and it said the relay is after the fuse box so it should be fine right. The only other thing io can guess is the light switch. Is there any way to check to see if it is working? Or do I just have to replace it?

Jacobandnickolas

February, 3, 2012 AT 9:03 PM

The only way to check the switch is to check it for continunity.

cmbaye01

February, 3, 2012 AT 10:10 PM

How do I do that?

Jacobandnickolas

February, 4, 2012 AT 12:30 AM

You need to get a ohm meter that can check for continuity. Then you need to determine what each pin on the switch is used for and see if power can pass through the switch.

tigereye0026

February, 18, 2012 AT 9:16 PM

I have a similair problem, only with the left headlight of my 2002 Cavalier. My mechanic checked all of the switches and wires and the socket and they are getting enough voltage, so that's not the problem I have replaced the bulb several times already. My high beam works on that side, but the regular light does not. What else could it be?

Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta