HOW DO I GET IT TO START?

1998 Cadillac STS

anochd1

The battery recently died and I bought a new one. When I replaced it and tried to start the car it would not let me. It showed that the "Starting Disabled, remove Key. I did this and tried using a spare key, nothing, same thing. I disconnected the battery again got the same response. Tried rocking the car, nothing. How do I get the car started and disable that function?

hmac300

Put key in igninition and turn to on. Leave it like that until security light goes out. This can take up to 10 minutes. Turn key off then try to start the car. This resets the security system.

anochd1

Just did that. Security light went off, turned it to off and then tried to start it. Same result, didn't start.

hmac300

It may have to be reprogrammed then to start and run.

cadieman

If the light is off now. Check the voltage on the battery then for start signal from the ingition switch on the steering column. If need check your voltages at the ing. Switch

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang