Wiring diagram steering wheel audio controls

HANDNSUMBOI21
  • 1998 BUICK REGAL
What/where is the wire for the steering wheel audio control for a 98 buick regal? I have a new aftermarket double din thats compatible with steering wheel control but the 2 wires I have on the back of my new double din have to tie into the steering wheel. All I need to no is wheres are which wires is the ones to the steering wheel control audio? The wires that goes to the radio
Saturday, March 3rd, 2012 AT 10:26 PM

DRCRANKNWRENCH
I am attaching the wiring diagram for the radio which shows steering wheel controls. (Below)
+1
Sunday, March 4th, 2012 AT 4:47 AM
HANDNSUMBOI21
Is it anyway you can make it a little bit larger I can't understand it because it's all to small, I've tried to make it bigger but still can't understand. Again this was for the 98 buick regal steering wheel audio control
Sunday, March 4th, 2012 AT 9:54 PM
DRCRANKNWRENCH
I will try to send in in a larger zoom and I will make another file with a different screen shot program. That is about the best I can do. If you have a photo editor that is the best to open and get it larger, but there is a limit as it does get grainy. Sorry it did not come out right. So, there will be two files of the same diagram attached.
+1
Sunday, March 4th, 2012 AT 11:22 PM
HANDNSUMBOI21
Hey no problem man thanks for the help. What about this if you have the diagram and you have a better view what color wire is it for the audio steering wheel control wire? I was going to turn the factory radio on and cut the wires 1.1 til the steering wheel audio control stops working and see if I can find out that way.
Monday, March 5th, 2012 AT 1:13 AM
DRCRANKNWRENCH
The right controls are a connections so it goes from a color to a color as follows;

yellow connected to grey
Light Green connected to White
Grey and Balck are interior lights

Left side controls
Black from right control
White
Grey and black for interior lights
+1
Monday, March 5th, 2012 AT 2:30 AM
HANDNSUMBOI21
Ok well they telling me that I onky need to tie into either 1 or 2 wires for the steering wheel audio control, so is this information that you gave me going to lead me to that 1 or 2 wires that they telling me I'm going to use?
Monday, March 5th, 2012 AT 2:41 AM
DRCRANKNWRENCH
Okay, I know what you are looking for now.
You will look for a yellow wire that comes of of fuse #2A and splits off and goes to radio and the other goes to steering wheel. That is one. Then the other wire from radio is Dark Blue and connects to Light Green. You may not even see the connector for the dark blue to light green nor does it matter. These are the only two wires that actually have control over radio functions.
Monday, March 5th, 2012 AT 2:56 AM
HANDNSUMBOI21
Alright! I hope youre rite about that wire man THANKS. But to get this right, I dont even have to worry about that 2a fuse because all that im going to be using is that yellow wire that goes in the back of the radio. I'm going to try it tomorrow man Thanks again.
Monday, March 5th, 2012 AT 3:13 AM
DRCRANKNWRENCH
Your welcome. Come back any time you ned help or advice. We have a great team of techs who enjoy helping people.
Take care/

Dr. C
Monday, March 5th, 2012 AT 4:18 AM
HANDNSUMBOI21
Is there a diagram for the vent vaccum? My ac only blowing out the defrost vents and the feen vents now I've been reading forums but still have no understanding cause this is my first time messing with this. So if you can help THANKS
Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 AT 7:37 PM
DRCRANKNWRENCH
Our service manuals, at least the one that I have access to, does not have vent door vacuum routing diagrams.
Try asking the question on the FREE forum and I am sure you will get a response.
I can't really answer more than one topic per thread anyway.
Wednesday, March 28th, 2012 AT 7:08 PM