MY COOLANT IS LEAKING AND CAR KEEPS STALLING - FOR 3 YEARS NOW!!

• melissa2028
  • 1998 Buick Lesabre

My usual mechanic is Firestone Complete Auto Care. Im loyal to them and only go to them. Ever since I obtained my car in 2009, the car has stalled at least 5 times. It happened about a week ago. Before that it happened in September 2011. Before that it hadnt happened for over a year. When it happened last week I realized I also had no coolant even though I got the coolant filled up 2 weeks prior. I dont know if there's some correlation between the coolant and my car stalling. Anyway, as for the coolant, it has gotten worse over the last year. I went from putting in coolant every month, to every 2 weeks and now it looks like, after putting it in less than a week ago, now im gonna have to fill it again. When I went to Firestone in September 2011, I spent 500 dollars for them to change the "coolant gasket" and the thermometer and one other thing. That was supposedly supposed to fixed both problems im currently having. I hope I gave more than enough informations and would appreciate an answer ASAP. Im bringing it back to Firestone tomorrow but this time, I want to go with some suggestions on what they sure REALLY looks at.
Melissa

Monday, January 30th, 2012 AT 1:07 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

Coolant gasket? Can you be more specific?

Monday, January 30th, 2012 AT 1:13 AM
  • melissa2028

It was a gasket that had to do with the coolant. Im sorry I cant really remember. When I go tomorrow I can ask what exactly its called. Either way, that gasket that I spent 500 dollars on obviously did nothing. Lol

Monday, January 30th, 2012 AT 3:05 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

Before they charge you for something other, let me know so I can direct you. Also, find out what it was that they replaced.

Tuesday, January 31st, 2012 AT 12:32 AM