1998 Buick Lesabre fuel filter

SARAPOSTA
  • 1998 BUICK LESABRE
Can you tell me where to locate the fuel fliter on my 1998 Buick LeSabre? I have looked under the car behind the driver's seat, which is where the auto repair shop said it would be located, and I can't find it. My car turns over and sounds like it wants to start, but it just doesn't seem to be getting enough fuel. It chugs and bucks when going up steep hills and it died completely the other day in the middle of an intersection. After being flatbedded home, I just want to see if it's either the fuel filter or fuel pump.

Saturday, July 5th, 2008 AT 5:58 PM

JEFF B
On my 1998 LaSabre, the fuel filter is located on the passenger side, under the rear passenger seat, close to the door. It is easy to see simply by looking under the vehicle without having to jack it up. Mine is about 8-10 inches under the vehicle from the outside edge. Everybody told me to look under the drivers seat also, maybe that was a different year model (?). Hope this helps.
+2
Thursday, January 5th, 2012 AT 4:49 PM