Car wont start, engine will.

ANONYMOUS
  • 1998 BUICK CENTURY

Car wont start,

engine will turn over

Saturday, December 22nd, 2012 AT 8:23 PM

Have a helper crank it, while you visually check for spark at the spark plugs. If you have spark everywhere, use a gage and check fuel pressure. Are there any applicable trouble codes? To check codes yourself, at the least you need an obd2 code reader.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Saturday, December 22nd, 2012 AT 8:31 PM
JACKHARE

If you can get the car to fire when starting fluid is sprayed into the air intake, it may be a loose connection that is hidden behind the passenger rear wheel well. I ran a new gas line to that wheel and the car would not start afterward. I happened to see a plug mounted to the inside of the frame on the passenger side that seemed to be out of alignment with the connector. I slid under the car where the muffler is and looked up along the inside of the car body. There was the plug and I just pushed it back into the socket and viola! It started. Hope this helps someone as the connector/plug does not have a retainer clip and is easily jarred out of the connector.
Jackhare

Sunday, June 1st, 2014 AT 8:16 AM