CAR WONT START ENGINE WILL TURN OVER

1998 Buick Century

Anonymous

December, 22, 2012 AT 8:23 PM

Car wont start,

engine will turn over

December, 22, 2012 AT 8:31 PM

Have a helper crank it, while you visually check for spark at the spark plugs. If you have spark everywhere, use a gage and check fuel pressure. Are there any applicable trouble codes? To check codes yourself, at the least you need an obd2 code reader.

Jackhare

June, 1, 2014 AT 8:16 AM

If you can get the car to fire when starting fluid is sprayed into the air intake, it may be a loose connection that is hidden behind the passenger rear wheel well. I ran a new gas line to that wheel and the car would not start afterward. I happened to see a plug mounted to the inside of the frame on the passenger side that seemed to be out of alignment with the connector. I slid under the car where the muffler is and looked up along the inside of the car body. There was the plug and I just pushed it back into the socket and viola! It started. Hope this helps someone as the connector/plug does not have a retainer clip and is easily jarred out of the connector.
Jackhare

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement