Put the jumper cables on wrong

WILLIAM29
  • 1997 VOLKSWAGEN JETTA

What can be wrong wit my car I jump start the car but evidently put the cables wrong then it did not start because the fuel pump did not pump.

I fitted a new pump so it start then I just drive a few kilometers and parked the car. When I wanted to drive again it starts but just went dead after a few seconds. There is power on the harness but the pump won't pump. What can be the fault. I need help urgently.

Saturday, July 7th, 2012 AT 7:05 PM

ASEMASTER6371

Did you reverse the cables? If so, look for blown main fuses as well as other fuses.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Saturday, July 7th, 2012 AT 7:29 PM
WILLIAM29

I did but the thing is after I fitet a new pump it did start again but when I parked the car and after a few hours when I wanted to drive again it starts but just went dead I checked the cables that plug in at the fuel pump I did get power on them but the pump don't comes on when I plug it in

Saturday, July 7th, 2012 AT 7:46 PM
ASEMASTER6371

Did you use a new or used pump? Check your connections, make sure you have gas and re check the fuses.

Saturday, July 7th, 2012 AT 7:48 PM