PUT THE JUMPER CABLES ON WRONG

1997 Volkswagen Jetta

William29

July, 7, 2012 AT 7:05 PM

What can be wrong wit my car I jump start the car but evidently put the cables wrong then it did not start because the fuel pump did not pump.

I fitted a new pump so it start then I just drive a few kilometers and parked the car. When I wanted to drive again it starts but just went dead after a few seconds. There is power on the harness but the pump won't pump. What can be the fault. I need help urgently.

July, 7, 2012 AT 7:29 PM

Did you reverse the cables? If so, look for blown main fuses as well as other fuses.

William29

July, 7, 2012 AT 7:46 PM

I did but the thing is after I fitet a new pump it did start again but when I parked the car and after a few hours when I wanted to drive again it starts but just went dead I checked the cables that plug in at the fuel pump I did get power on them but the pump don't comes on when I plug it in

July, 7, 2012 AT 7:48 PM

Did you use a new or used pump? Check your connections, make sure you have gas and re check the fuses.

Oil Change and Filter Replacement - Ford F150
Radiator Fluid Flush and Fill Ford Explorer
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford