BATTERY REPLACEMENT

2007 Volkswagen Jetta

chibijulie

August, 2, 2011 AT 8:28 PM

If I need to replace the battery for a 2007 Volkswagen Jetta, what is the most cost efficient/long lasting one I can buy? The one at the dealer is 169.99 and I feel that is too much for a battery.

saturntech9

August, 2, 2011 AT 8:54 PM

What group size battery do you have in your car and I can tell you which battery is good.

chibijulie

August, 2, 2011 AT 9:27 PM

: ) I'm new to this, how would I locate this answer? I've done a little bit of research and cannot find the group size for my car.

saturntech9

August, 2, 2011 AT 9:35 PM

Look at the top of the battery the group size is usually there or could be on the side of the battery. Iam looking on consumer reports for you and they list the battery rating by group size so I need that from you.

chibijulie

August, 2, 2011 AT 10:33 PM

Ok, when I went to check there were 3 levels of information. I'll list them in the order I saw them in.

1) 1 J0 915 105 AD
2) 12V 61 Ah 330A DIN
3) 540A EN/SAE

saturntech9

August, 2, 2011 AT 11:10 PM

Ok give me the 8th digit of your vin and I can find the group size.

chibijulie

August, 3, 2011 AT 12:17 AM

The 8th digit in general is a: K
The 8th digit as a number is: 5

: ) sorry for the extra work but I do reallly appreciate your help!

saturntech9

August, 3, 2011 AT 12:35 AM

You have H6-DLG battery that dealer price of 170.00 isnt too bad auto zone wants 165.00 for the battery you have a expensive battery. Consumer reports doesnt even list that group size to give a rating they rate the batteries in group sizes and they give the brand a different rating according to its group size. They also list batteries in climate ranges which one best describes yours cold weather climate?More temperate climate?Cold or more temperate climate?Let me know.

chibijulie

August, 3, 2011 AT 12:44 AM

I live in Florida so it is more temperate here for the most part.

saturntech9

August, 3, 2011 AT 12:56 AM

For that climate they say the ever start from walmart which I disagree I call those the never start?Your probably going to have limted choices where you buy a battery its not a real common size battery and expensive even at auto zone. The ones I have good luck with here in southern california is the eveready ones they sell at sams club they have a 3yr free replacement if they fail in the three yrs they give you a gift card to buy and new battery and that starts the three years all over again.I dont know if they would have your size battery though its worth a try. Also the kirkland costco batteries I have seen last a while. So is your factory battery a bosch?I have also seen those auto zone batteries last they are made by intersate batteries or atleast the same company that makes interstate batteries.

saturntech9

August, 3, 2011 AT 1:02 AM

Also if your going to spend that kind of money for a battery you might as well just get a optima brand battery especially since its mostly hot and humid down there and it probably just boils the acid out of the battery. The optima is a sealed battery that holds the acid in a fiber material inside the battery.

Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Alternator testing done right