HOW AND WHERE TO CHANGE THE CABIN AIR FILTER, OR AIR CONDITIONER FILTER

1997 Toyota Prado

marcorod

December, 28, 2011 AT 8:19 AM

Its the filter for the air contitioner, because only a small amount of air is reaching the end.

December, 28, 2011 AT 8:34 AM

We don't have the references for this vehicle- try checking the air blend door-

marcorod

December, 28, 2011 AT 9:45 AM

Where is the air blend door that situated. Can you tell me where is it located?

marcorod

December, 28, 2011 AT 9:47 AM

Its a 1997 Land Cruiser Prado GX1

December, 28, 2011 AT 11:03 AM

There's no pic indicating the exact location-sorry

December, 28, 2011 AT 11:53 AM

Cabin filters are common only for 2k years onwards and most probably there is none installed in your vehicle.

The most likely cause of clogging would be the evaporator fins. Try using compressed air to blow from the blower motor end. Removing the blower motor would give you more room.

marcorod

December, 29, 2011 AT 6:56 AM

Thanks for the help, I suspected that it wouldn't have one. Please let me know if its safe to clean out the evaporator by my self as I do have some mechanical and elctrical knowlaedge on cars.

December, 29, 2011 AT 12:18 PM

It is ok as you are not going to discharge the A/C freon. If you are able to get a cleaner that can be sprayed onto the evaporator fins to dissolve the dirt, that would be good. Compressed air is a must if you want to do a good job.

Open all doors while doing the job for ventilation as dust would be flying around.

Another way is to spray cleaner onto the evaporator core where the fins are and allow to dissolve for a few minutes. Use a garden hose with a little pressure and low volume to flush the fins and wash away the cleaner as well. Ensure the evaporator discharge hose is not clogged and it would flood the cabin if it is.

Note : Do not use any cleaner that are too acidic as it can damage the evaporator core.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement