WONT IDLE

1997 Saturn SW2

mavrick

November, 9, 2011 AT 3:53 PM

I have a 97 saturn sw2 we just replaced a piece of the fuel line going into the motor. Now it will start but it idles for a second then stalls out. Please help. Thank you

Dies On Idle

November, 9, 2011 AT 4:00 PM

Go to this link for more information: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-stalls

saturntech9

November, 9, 2011 AT 4:14 PM

Just to add to this one how did it run before the fuel line repair?The repair isnt leaking is it?Those lines arent ment to be repaired the whole line should just be replaced. Also any codes in the computer?Those 1997 saturn fuel pumps are known for bleeding down fuel pressure and casuing starts like that If you keep trying to start it like that will it start"If not try this hold the gas pedal all the way to the floor while starting it see if it starts that way. Let me know what you find.

mavrick

November, 9, 2011 AT 4:23 PM

It ran fine before it just got a hole burned into that little plastic fuel line so we fixed it with the appropriate fuel line then it happened again and a buddy of ours replaced it with a rubber line. Now it start it idles high for a second then slowly idles down and dies

saturntech9

November, 9, 2011 AT 4:28 PM

Do you have any codes?Also have you checked the coolant temp sensor?

mavrick

November, 9, 2011 AT 4:31 PM

I don't really know about cars but there is a light that's been on that looks like a low coolant light

saturntech9

November, 9, 2011 AT 5:15 PM

That wont keep it from starting that just means you have to check your coolant level. So it will idle fine and when you give it gas it dies?If so I would check to see what your actual fuel pressure is and check your coolant temp sensor with a multimeter.

mavrick

November, 9, 2011 AT 5:19 PM

No it drives fine just when you let off the gas it dies

saturntech9

November, 9, 2011 AT 5:22 PM

I would check for codes first take it to a auto parts store like auto zone and have them scan your car for codes. If you have any let me know the exact code numbers not code desriptions. Also do you have a multimeter?What about a torx socket set and ratchet etc?

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang