MY IS MISFIRING.

1997 Pontiac Transport

briangsanoval

June, 25, 2012 AT 3:24 AM

I did a head gasket job on a 1997 Pontiac transport 3.4L engine and once I put everything back together the car starts but it's misfiring/putting. One thing I notice is that one of the rockers arms is loose and is not making good contact with the top of the valve. My question is can that cause a misfire or any rough idling. I also have the check engine light on and it was blinking probably because of the misfire. Any suggestions on what to look for or what to do. Also does anybody have a picture of all vacuum/ emission hoses and the way they go there is one broken but I have no idea where it goes. Thanks a lot

Engine Miss

June, 25, 2012 AT 10:28 AM

Fix the loose rocker arms problem-yes it can create a misfire and also have the computer scanned for code/s

briangsanoval

June, 25, 2012 AT 9:16 PM

I just bought an OBD2 scanner and it's telling me I have two codes PO102 Mass air flow sensor circuit, low input and a PO300 random/multiple cylinder misfire detected. What do I check for or what can I do about this.

June, 25, 2012 AT 11:38 PM

Did you fix the rocker arm problem?

briangsanoval

June, 26, 2012 AT 2:56 AM

Not yet I will be doing it soon.

June, 26, 2012 AT 7:47 AM

Let me know when your done-You need to do what we tell you to do-this one is not an easy fix for us to help here, you have to do your part if you want it fix