ENGINE STALLS WHILE DRIVING

• James Gustafson
  • 1997 Pontiac Transport
  • automatic

I have a 1997 Pontiac Montana Transport that shuts off while driving, I coast over to the side of the road, and put it in park and it starts right back up and I drive away. This has happened three or four times in the past week. Check engine light does not come on. Any ideas Please Thanks Jim

Tuesday, December 28th, 2010 AT 4:04 PM

• Stevebabcock

Hi there james iam currentley experiencing the same problems with my 97 transport I was just wondering if you have found out the problem please send me an email or reply if you have thans again

Friday, October 5th, 2012 AT 1:08 AM
  • duaneliggitt

I also am having a similar problem, mine will start to spudder, shudder and not shift up and sometimes actually stall. I then pull over and it will not start right away, but if I wait 10 mins, she starts up and drives fine till the next time that it happens. I have also notice that this happens mostly when on steep or long hills. Now at home, my van starts fine, if I rev it, it will spudder sometimes. Changed my plugs, engine oil, and transmission oil so far and no change. Any ideas yet? If I figure it out, I will update you both.

Thursday, October 18th, 2012 AT 8:16 PM