Replaced ignition switch now not staying started

MILISSSA1
  • 1997 PONTIAC GRAND AM
My 1997 pontiac grand am and the ignition went out so I went down to my local car graveyard where all the cars are dumped pick npull and found me a 1997 pontiac grand am with the key in the ignition so I got it brought it home put it in my car and now my car starts but wont stay started ive tryed a couple of times hopefully I didnt mess it up by trying to keep it started but im not sure if its the ignition switch or the comp not letting me start it help
Sunday, March 6th, 2011 AT 6:20 PM

Check the coil if it has power when it dies out-if not there -double check the ignition switch
Sunday, March 6th, 2011 AT 9:19 PM
MILISSSA1
Well im not sure if its the coil ill check just wanted to give more info the theft system light flashes and then stays lit after it dies im actually not even using the ignition part im just using a screwdriver is that it should I try to hook up the ignition and then start it
Saturday, March 12th, 2011 AT 10:25 PM