97 STALLING

1997 Nissan Altima

Amanda0120

February, 11, 2011 AT 4:29 AM

I have a 1997 Nissan Altima, it will start up and run for about 10-15min. Then just stall's and shut's off and won't start back up for about 45min. Replaced the crankshaft censor and it didn't resolve the problem. Can you PLEASE help and tell me what else it may be, Thank you

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

March, 22, 2011 AT 4:05 AM

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing.