I need specifics on how to change a water pump, timing chain and tentioners. If you could email it to me at dbenton7175@yahoo. Com
Thursday, November 1st, 2012 AT 3:51 PM
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
This application is an interference engine. Do not rotate camshaft or crankshaft when timing belt is removed, or engine damage may occur.
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove all accessory drive belts. Remove water pump pulley. Remove crankshaft pulley bolts, and remove pulley only.
2. Remove upper and lower timing belt covers. See Fig. 1. Disconnect spark plug wires and remove spark plugs. Rotate crankshaft clockwise until No. 1 cylinder is at TDC of compression stroke. Ensure camshaft sprockets and crankshaft sprocket timing marks align. See Fig. 2.
3. If timing belt is to be reused, mark direction of timing belt rotation. Loosen timing belt tensioner lock bolt. Temporarily secure tensioner away from belt with spring fully extended. Remove timing belt.
1. Ensure camshaft and crankshaft timing marks are still aligned. See Fig. 2. Install belt around crankshaft sprocket. Keeping belt pulled tight on right side (facing engine), route belt around camshaft sprockets.
2. Loosen timing belt tensioner lock bolt, and allow spring to apply tension on belt. Snug tensioner lock bolt. Rotate crankshaft clockwise 2 complete turns. Ensure timing marks align. If timing marks are not aligned, remove belt, realign all timing marks, and repeat installation procedure.
3. Check timing belt deflection. Check timing belt deflection with 22 lbs. (10 kg) of pressure applied to belt. Timing belt deflection should be.36-45" (9.0-10.7 mm). If timing belt deflection is not within specification, repeat timing belt tensioning procedure or replace tensioner spring. If timing belt deflection is within specification, reverse removal procedure to complete installation.
4. Before installing valve cover, apply silicone sealer to areas next to front camshaft journals and rear distributor mounting cap. Also apply thin bead of silicone sealer around spark plug holes on underside of valve cover. Adjust drive belts to proper tension.