First, I checked the fuse in the box underneath the hood. It was blown. Replaced it, and that fuse blew when I cranked it up. Is this most likely a wiring problem? I have gotten to the blower motor, behind the glove compartment- took a meter down there and tried to check out the resistor. Caveat. This was my first time using an ohm-meter, but it seems like it might be pretty hard to screw up, no? So, nothing seems to be reading (took readings between pins 1-2, 2-6, etc. Based on another poster's suggestion). It's not zero, like when you touch the two probes together- it's at the other end of the spectrum. Just to clarify, I had the car off (but radio on). Everything was also still in place (should I have removed the resistor from the motor and tested it? I can't really figure that it would make a difference, but my electrical/wiring knowledge is fairly limited. ).
So, at this point, I have some information, but I'm not sure what it means. Maybe my resistor is bad? Or maybe it's a wiring problem? I read in another post to check the blue/white and blue/black wires, but I had trouble following the thread. There are the wires, one of which is blue AND white and the other is blue AND black. The post I read said to test the blue and white wires- so maybe I'm misunderstanding something here.
Any suggestions? Thanks! - Hannah
have the same problem?
Monday, December 26th, 2011 AT 8:26 PM