WAS RUNNING SOME ERRANDS THE OTHER DAY AND THE ...

1997 Honda Civic

CPollard

December, 31, 2012 AT 6:06 PM

Was running some errands the other day and the car started shifing funny, taking high RPM's to shift, and stalling at a light. It started right back up and for the next couple lights I had to feather the peddle to keep it running. The shifting then seemed to be fine. At the last light it died as I was making a left hand turn. I coasted to the shoulder and it started back up. Went 1/4 mile to my destination, parked, was inside for 5 minutes then came back out to get it home. It started in the lot, still would not idle, and as I went from reverse to forward it made a screeching noise and died. Hasn't started since. I checked the timing belt and it is in tact. Local parts guy thought it may be a computer problem. One other thing. Recently had my oil changed and when I checked the level it is reading that it is overfilled by quite a bit on the dipstick. Any ideas?

December, 31, 2012 AT 7:47 PM

Is the check engine light on? When did you last have a timing belt changed

CPollard

December, 31, 2012 AT 9:12 PM

No, the check engine light was not on when this happened. And with it now not starting I don't know if it would be on or not. The belt was change around 85,000.

December, 31, 2012 AT 10:16 PM

Does it crank over? Is the battery working?

I would start with basics compression test, fuel pressure and spark

Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX