WHILE DRIVING MY SPEEDOMETER TACHOMETER ...

1997 GMC Sierra

Redneck204

October, 25, 2012 AT 7:44 AM

While driving, my speedometer & tachometer suddenly shut off, and the check gauges light comes on. Sometimes the dash turns back on, sometimes it does. Then after coming to a complete stop, when I go to accelerate it feels like its in 3rd or 4th gear. But after I unplugged and plugged the battery it works fine, sometimes for minutes and other times for days even weeks! Im told it possibly could be the computer?

October, 25, 2012 AT 9:59 AM

You need to get the codes for the trans when this happens before re setting. Then get back to us with the codes.

Redneck204

December, 13, 2012 AT 11:40 PM

Sorry it took so long to get back with you. I got a diagnostic check and ended up throwing 11 codes. One says Torque converter clutch enable circuit. Another says Torque converter clutch PWM solenoid electrical fault. The others say 1-2 shift solenoid valve performance, 2-3 shift solenoid valve performance and 3-2 shift solenoid. But could those last three be from me manually shifting my automatic transmission and accidentally skipping gears and then down shifting back into the proper gear?

And anothet issue, my 4x4 stopped working, its thr push button, with the updated 5 pin, so I bought a brand new one and it didnt work, so I cut the ground wires and tested the 4x4 wires, and it took test lights, but didnt work when hooked up to a battery, so I put it in my buddies truck and it worked great, but still doesnt work in mine? Any ideas?

Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz