1997 Ford Explorer O2 sensors

TREYEXPLORER
  • 1997 FORD EXPLORER
Ok my explorer has been running to lean for the longest time. I have had it tested for codes and it keeps saying bank 1 sensor 2. Well I replaced that one and replaced bank 2 sensor 1 also cauae I was told it was going bad. My engine still runs to lean. While doing an oil change I noticed bank 1 sensor 1 o2 sensor was NOT plugged in. I figured this is where the problem is. Now I can't find the wire to plug the sensor back in. I've looking under the motor where the sensor is and up top under the master cylinder and brake booster and I still can't find the other end to plug the sensor back in. If anyone knows where the wire is please let me know. By the way, my engine is the OHV 4.0 if this helps
Wednesday, January 8th, 2014 AT 12:02 PM

BMDOUBLE
When it comes to sensors, especially oxygen sensors they are telling you what's going on with the fuel/air ratio, by giving you a lean code does not mean sensor failure. Don't shoot the messenger in other words and don't let a parts store tell you what you need. The most common failure in these is either the intake seals or pcv hoses. Spray a little water over the intake and listen for a slurping sound.
Wednesday, January 8th, 2014 AT 1:18 PM