LEAKY CAR

• M.Menard
  • 1997 Dodge Neon
  • automatic

Every time it rains I end up with water in the back seat of my car, I am wondering how it is getting there? And how it can be fixed? Please help!

Wednesday, December 1st, 2010 AT 3:36 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

Have you checked for leaks around the rear window? Also, does the car have to be driven for it to happen, or does it just happen while it is parked?

Wednesday, December 1st, 2010 AT 3:43 AM
  • M.Menard

It doesn't appear to leak around the back window, the water is always pooled on the floor, and the seats do not seem to be wet at all. I don't think it is coming in while I drive. The car sat all weekend in the rain and this morning there was a small puddle behind the passengers seat. I have looked at all the rubber surrounding the door but can't see anything out of the ordinary?

Wednesday, December 1st, 2010 AT 4:29 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

What to do is dry everything and have someone spray the vehicle with a hose around the door and window areas. See if you can tell where it is coming in from.

Thursday, December 2nd, 2010 AT 12:12 AM
  • handiman518

Had same problem, remove the tailights and repair or replace the foam seal on the back of them.

Wednesday, April 13th, 2011 AT 4:29 PM