HAVING OVERHEATING PROBLEMS AND BROKE DOWN

1997 Dodge Magnum

ryancooper2719

January, 22, 2012 AT 5:17 AM

I have a 1997 dodge ram 1500 with the 5.2 and I'm having overheating problems so I broke it down and the top rad hoes and bottom get hot so its not the water pump the thermostat seems to bee working but still overheats with the rad cap on but once taken off it does okay?

I need help, thanks

January, 22, 2012 AT 5:26 AM

So I Broke It Down Top Rad Hoes Bottom Get. What are you trying to say here-explain and be specific of the problem

ryancooper2719

I took the bottom and top radiatior hose off to see if there was any pressure and there was and when I put them back on the radiatior both got hot. So the water pump is working I can also see the water move trough the radiatior. But when the radiatior cap is on the truck overheats when the cap is off the truck doesnt overheat. I have heat in the truck ans eberything seem to check out its got to be the radiatior cap unless yhe yhermostat is sticking couldtl that be?

ryancooper2719

Sorry when I posted it didnt post everything I put

Pressure test the cap to rule it out

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer