MY 97 3.9L V6 IS NOT GETTING SPARK. WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS THAT I HAVEN'T REPLACED ALREADY.

1997 Dodge Dakota

hukoro

April, 29, 2012 AT 5:23 PM

For the past 4 months my truck has had problems stuttering to a stall while driving and idling. After it has stalled, I sometimes had to wait a few minutes before I could start it again. Two weeks ago I was driving it and it sputtered and stalled. After trying to start it for 4 hours it still would not start and still refuses to. The spark plugs are not getting electricity. I have replaced the ignition coil, distributor cap, distributor rotor, pick-up coil, MAP sensor, crankshaft position sensor, spark plugs, and wires and still nothing. It is getting fuel though. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

hukoro

April, 29, 2012 AT 5:24 PM

Also I have connected a diagnostics tool to the computer and all it reads is the MAP sensor is getting unexpected results and random misfires.

April, 29, 2012 AT 5:25 PM

Did you check for 12 volt power to the positive side of the coil? If there is, may be a cran sensor or bad coil. If no power, it could be a fialed ignition switch

djcl

April, 29, 2012 AT 5:37 PM

Should have 12 volts to + on coil and the - side needs to be pulsed to ground by the pcm. This can be checked with a powered up test light or a labe scope.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element