97 STALLING

1997 Chevrolet Lumina

gjkerk

May, 23, 2011 AT 8:12 PM

My '97 Lumina turned off while I was making a turn. It was full of gas, and I was able to re-start it, but what type of problem might that be? I doubt it's a one-time thing. There were no unusual lights on (basically the same ones that turn on after a person turns their ignition on without starting the car), and the only repair I've had done in the last 4 months has been a coolant flush

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

saturntech9

May, 23, 2011 AT 9:58 PM

You need to go to a auto parts store like auto zone to have it scanned for codes that would be your starting point. Without codes we would need to know why its stalling like no spark or fuel pressure etc?Lets start with the code's and go from there.

gjkerk

May, 24, 2011 AT 6:37 PM

Thanks. I did that, and the code that came up was P0393, with a message of "Cylinder 3 Misfire."

saturntech9

May, 29, 2011 AT 4:20 AM

Sorry it took so long to get back to you I have been without a computer or internet for several days. The code P0303 isn't going to stall the car out missing on cylinder number three. WE need to see if were loosing fuel pressure spark etc when it stalls. So does it restart right away after it stalls?

gjkerk

May, 29, 2011 AT 4:31 AM

It's only stalled once, and it started right afterward.

saturntech9

May, 29, 2011 AT 4:50 AM

That's going to be a hard one to pin point since it only happened once and it restarted right away.