1. Water pump is driven by timing chain idler and is mounted on rear of timing chain housing. See Fig. 23 . Disconnect negative battery cable. Drain cooling system. Disconnect oxygen sensor connector.
2. Remove upper exhaust manifold heat shield. Remove exhaust manifold brace. Remove lower exhaust manifold heat shield. Loosen exhaust manifold to exhaust manifold spring loaded nuts. Remove radiator outlet
pipe to water pump cover bolts. Disconnect exhaust pipe from manifold.
3. Pull down on exhaust pipe to disconnect if from exhaust manifold bolts. See EXHAUST MANIFOLD . Disconnect outlet pipe from oil pan and transaxle. If equipped with manual transaxle, remove exhaust
manifold brace. Leave lower radiator hose attached and pull down on radiator outlet pipe to disengage from water pump. Leave outlet pipe hanging.
4. Lower vehicle. Remove exhaust manifold to cylinder head nuts. Remove exhaust manifold. Remove timing chain front cover. See FRONT COVER . Remove timing chain tensioner. See TIMING CHAIN,
SPROCKETS & TENSIONER . Remove bolts securing water pump cover to cylinder block. Remove water pump to timing chain housing nuts.
5. Remove water pump attaching nuts. Remove water pump and cover assembly. Separate components as necessary.
NOTE: Before installing water pump, read entire installation procedure. It contains important information about tightening sequences that affect sealing.
1. Install the water pump cover to the coolant pump assembly
2. Install the water pump bolts. Finger tighten bolts.
3. Install the cover to block bolts. Finger tighten bolts.
4. Install the pump to chain housing nuts. Finger tighten the nuts.
5. Tighten bolts and nuts to specification in following sequence. See TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS table.
To finish install revesrs assy procedure. Btw this is not a varery easy job it will take at least 6 hours for you to do.
Please consider a to help us answer more questions.
Friday, January 4th, 2013 AT 3:36 PM