WHY WON'T MY TRANSMISSION ENGAGE WHEN PUT INTO ANY RANGE?

• Justin Santander
  • 1997 Chevrolet Blazer

I have just installed a engine that has around 69,000 Miles on it. The blazer was driving when I pulled it into the shop and since I got the new engine installed when I engage the transmission into gear it will not do anything at all. I made sure that the torque converter was engaged properly with the trans pump grooves before I re-installed the new engine. I got all the torque converter bolts lined up with the correct hole on the mounting plate (Flywheel). Installed all the trans to engine mounting bolts, got all connectors and sensors hooked up, no lines we pinched during installation, transmission has proper level of fluid. Can anyone tell me where I went wrong during the installation process? Or can anyone tell me what I need to check or do to try to fix this problem? Again the transmission was working before now because I drove the vehicle into the shop.

Saturday, April 28th, 2012 AT 3:52 AM

• rasmataz

Did you bolt on the flexplate to the crankshaft end?

Saturday, April 28th, 2012 AT 10:28 AM
  • Justin Santander

Yes all the bolts are in and it is bolted to the flywheel. The engine starts and flywheel and torque converter both are turning when view through the site holes on the bottom of the transmission.

Saturday, April 28th, 2012 AT 12:19 PM
  • rasmataz

Double check all the wiring harness going into the transmission if its firmly seated-

Saturday, April 28th, 2012 AT 6:04 PM